1 | What is your secret weapon? (in life or on the job)
I am a compulsive researcher
2 | In my next life, I would be a…
3 | Motherhood in three words…
My favorite job
4 | Favorite look from our pre-fall collection?
The Army Green Camp Jacket
5 | Theme song?
Don’t Stop Believing
6 | Whose closet would you raid?
The offices of Dolce and Gabbana
7 | The only thing you could not live without is…
8 | What is the best fashion secret you’ve ever learned?
Size up, and take in.
9 | Camo, leopard or stripes?
10 | What is your motto?
The road is long.
One of our favorite holidays of the year is right around the corner!
Check out some of our favorite #TBT pics from the 4th of July…
We love Independence Day, although with 5 kids there is little independence at our house!
Photo Credit: Rosanna Wolff
Fireworks, parades, bbqs- just a few of my favorite things! Happy birthday, USA!!
We love picnics, especially if there are beaches or fireworks involved.
We’ve rounded up some of our favorite essentials just for you!
1. Urban Outfitters Magical Thinking Beach Blanket | 2. Lucky Night Wine by Swanson Vineyards
3. Monogrammed Mark & Graham Playing Cards | 4. Cake Pops from Dylan’s Candy Bar | 5. Jawbone Portable Speaker
When you plan a trip to place like Nantucket you need insider info. We called in our good friend Carolina de Neufville, (Interior designer, mother and Nantucket aficionado) to get the lay of the land, so we’ll be sure to hit all the right spots on our next visit to ACK!!
1. Ladies Beach is at the top of my list, on the way there stop at Bartlett Farms for the best chicken salad, and get a surfing lesson on the beach from Nantucket Surfari .
2. A great way to get out on the water on a boat – Make a lunch reservation at Toppers, their boat will take you across the harbor from the White Elephant to the Wauwinet. It’s my favorite lunch spot, don’t bring the kids and do order lots of rose. Take a swim afterwards on the ocean side of the beach.
3. For a very casual and very fun night out with the kids go to Jetties – oysters, lobster rolls and sandy feet – enjoy the sunset! Other favorite dinner spots – for foodies American Seasons and The Nautilus.
4. The Galley for the best location and sunset. Black Eyed Susan’s for breakfast or for a date night.
5. Take a hike at Sanford Farms - The ocean view and historic barn at the end are worth the 3 mile walk.
6. Hit the cobble stone streets in town for some shopping at Bodega and the Lions Paw for home accessories. Currant Vintage for the best vintage clothes, accessories and wine. Erica Wilson for summer staples, while there pick up a needlepoint project for rainy days.
Old South Wharf
7. Take a walk down the shell path on Old South Wharf where you get a little bit of everything! Art galleries and my personal favorite store— Space, for the best mix of home accessories, gifts and the best bags.
8. Don’t miss Table 1 for wine, farmstead cheese and a baguette – enjoy it there or take it home!
… and check out Carolina’s picks for a weekend getaway to ACK:
The Anchor Top (coming soon) | The White Skinny Flare
Five things we (each) won’t be without over the next three glorious months!!
1. Celine Clutch | 2. Seaman Schepps Bracelet | 3. Tan Towels | 4. Nike Lunarsandiator Sky Hi | 5. Pottery Barn Napkins
6. Basta Surf Bikini (Top and Bottom) | 7. Roll Up Backgammon Set | 8. Aliza Licht’s “Leave Your Mark” | 9. Flamingo Pool Float | 10. Ancient Greek Sandals (similar here and here)
Indian Summer. This collection was inspired by the golden hours of our favorite season.
Meet our ultimate must-haves to get you from summer in the city to the beach, the bonfire or boat.
Shop the collection here or check out our Pre-Fall Pinterest board to see the full moodboard
that inspired the Veronicas’ designs.
Congrats to all of the 2015 CFDA Award winners!
Womenswear Designer of the Year: Ashley Olsen and Mary-Kate Olsen for The Row
Menswear Designer of the Year: Tom Ford
Accessories Designer of the Year: Tabitha Simmons
Swarovski Award for Womenswear: Rosie Assoulin
Swarovski Award for Menswear: Shayne Oliver for Hood by Air
Swarovski Award for Accessory Design: Rachel Mansur and Floriana Gavriel for Mansur Gavriel
Geoffrey Beene Lifetime Achievement Award: Betsey Johnson
The Media Award in Honor of Eugenia Sheppard: Instagram
International Award: Maria Grazia Chiuri and Pierpaolo Piccioli for Valentino
The Founder’s Award in Honor of Eleanor Lambert: Millard “Mickey” Drexler, Chief Executive Officer and Chairman of the Board of J.Crew Group, Inc.
HIGHLIGHT OF THE NIGHT: Our red carpet moment with @TheFatJewish!!
Summer!! Our favorite time of year— the beach barbecues, the bonfires, sunset boat rides, the smell of sunscreen, Southsides, fireflies, tanlines, hammocks, naps, and books! We want to be barefoot with beach hair, wearing white from sunrise ’til bedtime. Here we go!
1. Veronica Beard Scarf Print Dress | 2. J.CREW Flats | 3. Eugenia Kim “Do Not Disturb” Hat | 4. Super by Retrosuperfuture Sunglasses | 5. The Stylish Life: Tennis | 6. Oribe Bright Blonde Shampoo
7. Veronica Beard Lace Peplum Top | 8. Oliver Peoples Sunglasses | 9. Veronica Beard Skinny Flares | 10. Janessa Leone Hat | 11. The Knockoff by Lucy Sykes | 12. Clare Vivier Clutch